Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gloroius Weather

It is the last day of July and a glorious 23 degrees with a sunny sky.  We have just completed the coldest part of the year for us here.  But the weather has been overcast and warmer than average this July.  There has been absolutely no hint of needing any heating at all this winter.  But we could still get a cold outbreak.

For what is usually a very dry time of the year we had rain on 14 days out of the month's 31 which is most unusual.

I managed to do my bike ride this morning and arrived home unscathed.  After yesterday's dramas this was a great change.

I posted off an updated hard drive for a mate this afternoon, I purchased a bag of pool salt and looked for a new container which sits on the back of my bike in which I carry bits and pieces.  The first two tasks were completed OK but the final task wasn't.  Bunnings didn't have the correct container size.  I will just keep my eye open for a suitable replacement.  Plastic doesn't last well in this part of the world.  It goes hard and then cracks easily.

My PC just froze earlier today.  I restarted it but it was doing all sorts of strange things.  I managed to shut it down and then pulled the plug on it for 30 seconds or so.  I plugged it all back in and it started up OK. 

Just to be on the safe side I did a "System Restore".  The PC created a system restore point this morning during a Microsoft Update at 7:30 am.  So the 'system' was restored to how it was at that time.  All seems 100% again.

We rediscovered the wonderful restaurant 'The Spirit Of Tibet' yesterday. This restaurant is a favorite of everyone who visits up here with us.  It has reopened after being closed down for a year or so.  There is no prize for guessing where we are heading out for a meal tonight!

No comments: