Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday, But Not Overly Sunny

The Arts Centre has its "Quilt Show" on this weekend.  This means Trish leaves home around 8 am and gets back home about 5 pm or so both days over this weekend.  This left me to computer club yesterday and then the footy on TV.

Today was bike riding this morning, some messing about on the computer and then footy all afternoon.  In other words, a typical winter's weekend for yours truly.

The photo shows one spot where I ride most days.  As you can see from the photo, it is a little cloudy today.  Hopefully the cloud will clear for some sunshine later.

Good mate Russ has a new mobile phone.  He isn't keen on mobiles but now believes there is a need for one especially for emergency purposes.  He sent me his phone number yesterday to which I responded with a quick 'text' message.  Don't know if he got it or not as I haven't heard.  But then you can only read messages if the phone is turned on can't you?

With so many great cheap plans around at the moment the need for a fixed phone line and phone is rapidly decreasing.  Trish's $30 per month plan (now $25 per month on a one year 'pre-paid' plan) includes all calls and a huge amount of data.

Our last Telstra Bill was $22-95, and that was the "Budget" plan.  There weren't any calls, just line rental.  My calls are all via my "Virgin" plan (on the Optus network) while Trish has great call usage with her Kogan/Telstra service.

Both Trish's and my footy teams won well so far this weekend.

I am having a little trouble getting my latest home brew ready to bottle.  It usually takes around 6 days from brewing to bottling.  Today is the 8th day and it is still working away quietly.  I think I may be bottling tomorrow though as it is slowing down.  I let the brew get a little cool during the week (24 degrees) and that appears to have slowed the brewing process.  Usually it sits more around 28 degrees if you can believe the strip thermometer attached to the container.

No comments: