Friday, July 05, 2013

Backyard New Look

Brian, who recently painted our driveway for us, popped over yesterday and did the back 'red corner' as well.  It is now a much different color to what it was.  Trish is till to decide if she wants the stencilled bits painted an alternative color.

It looks a lot neater now though.

One of the other BeCA committee members (and good friend/drinking partner) and I ventured into Caloundra to sort out the Community Association's banking setup.  Ian is taking over and has done this sort of role previously but on a much larger scale when he was working.  We swapped over the signatories and set up the account for online banking.  It should all be a lot easier and quicker now.

We were both heading to Maroochydore later in the day so we decided to grab some lunch together at Headland Golf Club again.  The ladies did not require much convincing so we got together and enjoyed a lovely lunch together.

Afterwards they headed off to do their business and we to do ours.  It was very pleasant.

It is overcast but very still and warmish today.  The photo left was taken on my 13k bike ride this morning.

Click on either photo for a larger view.

We have drinks this afternoon and I have computer club tomorrow where I am presenting a session on wireless networking and transferring files from an android device to anywhere else on the network.  A wireless home network makes it very easy to transfer photos etc from the phone (or tablet) to a computer or even to move movie files from your computer to the phone.

I have prepared a website for the presentation.  You can check it out here:

It looks impressive but actually is very, very easy to do if you have a GMail account.  GMail/Google give you free website space and tools with your GMail account.  I typed the information out in Word and then I created the webspace and copy/pasted the information in.  I found a diagram on the internet, added a couple of bits and uploaded it.

The "Summary" page is extremely easy to do with a website called "Scribd".  It too is a free service.  I saved the Word document as a PDF and then uploaded it to Scribd.  Scribd gave me code to "embed" the uploaded sheet which I copy/pasted into the website.  Altogether it took me around 2 hours to do.  It was a little bit of have a go and see if it works.  Overall it was very straightforward.

No comments: