Thursday, August 01, 2013

Spirit Of Tibet

As I mentioned in my late Wednesday afternoon post below, Trish and I headed off to give the reopened restaurant "Spirit Of Tibet" a try.  We believe the food there is as good as most places we can get to in Melbourne.  It is clearly the best food available here on the Sunshine Coast.  Being a Wednesday we decided not to book but to just front up.  We would be early so there should be no problems getting a seat.

You can drive by any Sunshine Coast restaurant on a Wednesday evening and hardly find a soul in there.  So you can imagine our surprise when upon our arrival we were asked had we booked!

After a minute or so of counting we were shown to a table for two.  Soon after our host "Jampa" came over and was pleased we had come.  He seemed to remember us OK, especially the chilli side serve he would make for me.

He has been open less than a week and had 55 people in the opening night.  Other nights had been as busy.  Tonight was all but booked out as well and it was a Wednesday.

The crowd was just beginning to arrive as we left at around 7:30pm.  At least 6 or 8 people had eaten and left just before us.  I grabbed this quick snap with my phone as we left.

The food was as good as we had remembered and the cost was a little dearer than normal but well worth it. The only hassle is it is around a 25 minute drive away.

Another bright sunny day as we enter August.  We expect a top temp around 22 degrees so it should be pleasant outside in the backyard later on.  I managed 13k's on the bike this morning. 

Some of the day will be spent on the pool.  It has just been cleaned and I will clean the pool filter cartridge shortly.  After that I need to add a bag of salt to get the levels back to where they should be.

No comments: