Thursday, July 11, 2013

Travel Plans On Hold

We awoke to a very cool morning and some showers lingering from a wet Wednesday.  There were 11 mls in the gauge from consistent showers.  I was having the car serviced.  Last night I stacked my bike into the back of the car so I could get home after dropping it off for the service at 7 am this morning.  The recent showers made for an extremely inclement couple of kilometres home.

However by 9 am the skies had cleared to another lovely fine but cool day.

I had been advised by some people to check accommodation before we set off for the west of the state on our 'road trip' early next week.  Trish preferred just going and staying where ever we found ourselves.  I like to be a little more organised than this so I spent some time online yesterday getting a feel for accommodation choices for our first night's stay.

Yesterday I decided to check on Miles (around 400k's away) and Roma (around 500k's away).  In Miles I got two websites telling me accommodation was not available.  I checked Roma and again found one motel which only had a room with 2 single beds.  Another had a double room at $145 for the Monday night. I am sure with a bit more looking I could have found something reasonable.

I discussed this with Trish and got a response did I really want to go away?  To cut a long story short we decided spending around $3000 for fuel, accommodation and day to day expenses was probably not what we wanted to do right now.  So the travel plans are on hold.  Since deciding not to go away I have been back to the builder and told him we were now clear for the backyard shelter.  That is likely to happen sooner rather than later.

We thought instead we might treat ourselves out to some of the nicer eateries around town instead of the travel.  Whale watching out of Mooloolaba was another thought we reckon we would try.

Plenty of sport around around on TV with the cricket from England on.  I managed till after 11pm last night and I hope to do something similar tonight.

No comments: