Friday, July 12, 2013

A Little Like Melbourne

As they say about Melbourne, if you don't like the current weather there, just wait a few minutes and it will change.

I set off on my bike ride about 9 am this morning in brilliant sunshine under gorgeous blue skies.  A very heavy shower of rain fell around 5 minutes after I had completed my 13.5k bike ride and the sky was overcast and gray.

Right now the sun is out again!

Our decision not to go away next week has thrown us into some sort of confusion.  I have already mowed lawns, had the car serviced, had a haircut, been to the doctor to have my prescriptions updated and generally got the place ready for us being away for a couple of weeks.  And now we aren't going!  All the 'jobs' around the place have been done and there isn't anything to do!

Drinks are at our place today but only one couple, Ian and Kerrie, are coming over.  Ian has just gone onto the Kogan $29 mobile phone plan.  He is delighted with it.

The changeover went very smoothly for him.  He bought a less expensive Huawei Y300 phone locked into the Telstra network.  It cost $129 and he is delighted with it and the plan. As Kogan Mobile uses the Telstra network the phone works perfectly.

The phone gets excellent reviews on some of the forums on the internet for good basic usage.  It won't have some of the 'bells and whistles' of the top end phones but then only it costs 1/5 the price!

Ian had to visit several stores to find this model as each time he went to buy one he was told the store was sold out.  This is another good sign about this model phone.

My phone contract runs out early October.  My last payment is due in September and then I have a month's use of it.  I am then planning on swapping over to the Kogan Mobile plan as well.

No comments: