Sunday, July 07, 2013

Another "Simpsons" Day

There are lots of fluffy white clouds again today.  Just on 10 am it is 23+ in the back corner of the yard.  The forecast says to expect around 22.  I have just returned from a 13k bike ride.  Trish has the vacuum out and is giving the car interior a good clean.  The car windows will be done as well.

I have been busy today as well having washed the bottles for my bottling coming up mid next week.  I continue to refine the process.  Nowadays I have a bucket of water setup and give each bottle a brush clean and rinse as I finish drinking it.

On bottle washing day they get a warm soapy water severe rinse, another cool water rinse and finally a warm water rinse.  Then I again rinse them quickly with a sanitizer.  At this time of year it takes almost all day to get them dry.

Right now the 30+ bottles are drying in the sunshine.  It took around 45 minutes to wash them this morning.

My presentation on wireless networking and using android devices went very well at Computer Club yesterday.  I had a full class of around 25 people.  The guy who followed me had about 6.  People were amazed at what a wireless network can add to what you devices at home can do. One guy wants me to travel about 80k's to his place to set things up for him.  He said he would pay me to do it.

Around midday yesterday about 60 of us assembled at the local Tavern for a surprise 60th birthday for one of our friends here.  It was delightful.  The meals and drinks were not cheap but we had a great time.  My reef and beef pizza meant I didn't need any tea.

The footy last night where my team Geelong in second place played Trish's team Hawthorn who are first was amazing.  Geelong have won the last 11 matches against Hawthorn.  Hawthorn have won 12 matches straight so far this season.  That sequence has now been broken and Geelong have now defeated Hawthorn the last 12 times.

More footy on TV later today while I wait patiently for the bottles to dry.

No comments: