Friday, July 19, 2013

Will The bike Get A Run Today?

I haven't managed a bike ride all week.  Rainfall figures for the last few days have been no higher than 4mls but we have had showers each and every morning since Monday.  It is only a few mls each time but more than enough to wet things up again, get the seepage moving back across pathways and just making it totally unsuitable for bike riding.

Not a lot to update you on.  A mate here reckons he threw out his WDTV SMP remote control so I lent him one of mine.  He has ordered a 'replacement' from WD but it has to come from Singapore.  So I took a Logitech Harmony Universal remote I had around to him as well and set it up for him while he awaits for the replacement to arrive.

Neither his wife nor daughter are overly tech savvy so I am guessing the universal remote won't be suitable.  I did say to hide the current remotes so they 'had' to learn the new one but I don't reckon he did that.

Therefore out of habit they would reach for an older remote, turn the TV on then try and use the universal remote but of course it won't work.  You have to turn the TV on with the remote so it "knows" that the TV is on and that it needs to use the TV allocated buttons.

Clear as mud?

And we have had our Community Association newsletter printed as well so I have been delivering about 140 of them to local homes.  At least that got me out of the house and into some exercise.

Sport has again dominated TV the last few days.  We had Rugby League's "State of Origin" on Wednesday and the second Test from England was on again last night.  There is heaps of AFL footy on over the weekend.

No drinks this afternoon.  One couple is into Brisbane for a show this evening, Tina Arena and Co. singing Bee Gees songs.  As good as she is, Tina Arena is a "belter' and seems to me to yell songs rather than sing them.  At $70 a ticket we declined the offer to go with them.  On top of that wet and windy weather is expected to develop over the day and into tomorrow.  Brisbane is around 100k's away and I wouldn't fancy driving home in wet and windy weather late at night.

The dish washer has just finished.  It now runs during the day when the solar energy is working.  Despite the showers earlier, right now there is a bright blue sky and all I need is for the roads and pathways to dry!

And finally, with my bike riding delayed this morning by poor weather, I managed to get a brew on.  As usual that means bottle washing possibly Tuesday and a bottling sometime later next week.  My extra cleaning routine appears to have overcome my home brew problems.  All brews now seem quite palatable!

No comments: