Friday, August 02, 2013

Now That's More Like It

The heading describes the weather, hardly a cloud in the sky, a glorious blue color and a top around 23 degrees.

My phone contract is with Virgin and uses the "Optus" network.  Optus works just OK, but to receive and make calls I really need to be outside or inside at the front of the house.  My deal with Virgin has been great despite the mediocre reception and the phone was a part of the deal.  I get a lot of fun from my phone.

My two year contract is up at the end of September.  Trish recently swapped mobile phone providers and is now with "Kogan" which uses a large part of the Telstra network.  The Telstra network provides great coverage from most places, certainly much better than from my Optus network.  Trish can comfortably make and receive calls from anywhere in the house.

So when my contract is up I will swap to Kogan as well and be on the Telstra network.  Unfortunately they just put their prices up considerably on the pay as you go plans.  It went up much less on the full year plan so I will be going with that.

Of course with a new phone plan I will need a new phone as well.  Yesterday I ordered a new mobile phone from China.  It is a ThL W100 and cost under $200 delivered to my front door.  A better known brand with similar specs here in Australia would cost me around 3 times that price.

I did heaps of searching and I reckon this is the best option for me.  In China ThL is a recognized brand just as Huawei is.  I paid extra for quick delivery by DHL so I hope to have it some time next week. People who have bought them here in Australia are just delighted with their purchases.

I managed a 13K bike ride this morning and got back home around 10:00am.

I have just put another brew on which I mixed up this morning after the bike ride.  Recently when I popped into the Caloundra Home Brew shop I asked the guy there what was his best selling "Lager".  It is this one (see photo left), a Morgan's 'Blue Mountain Lager'.  I will tell you what it is like in around a month's time!

At last there was a positive day to report on involving the cricket from the UK last night.  It was quite pleasant watching the first couple of hour's play.  Before that we watched a couple of episodes of "The Vikings" which unfortunately isn't one of Trish's favorites.

My footy team plays tonight and 'should' win against a lower placed team.Trish's team plays tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: