Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nice And Warm

I have just given the pot plants in the backyard a quick water.  We have not had a drop of rain for 4 weeks and the pots tend to dry out more quickly the warmer it gets.  The temp outside is about 25 or so but it is a lot warmer than that in the backyard as the photo shows (29.9).

When I checked the pool temp yesterday it was still around 17 or 18, definitely not warm enough for swimming just yet. But it is still winter right now, swimming usually begins mid to late September when the pool is over 20 degrees.

The bike ride went well yesterday, very pleasant under a partly cloudy sky.  It was a gorgeous day.  I managed another a brew which is currently bubbling away.  I will be short of bottles as I am brewing prior to having a full complement of empties.  I have heaps of 1.25 litre soft drink bottles so I will press 6 of those 1.25 litre soft drink bottles into service.  I will most likely bottle wash tomorrow (Weds).

The lawn was mown yesterday and I will probably front up for a hair cut from Trish this afternoon.  Brewing beer, mowing lawns, having haircuts are all indicators we are heading to Melbourne in the next week or so.

Yesterday afternoon Trish and I both re visited the chiropractor.  My back needed a little fine tuning but Trish isn't doing as well.  I should be OK now.

Both our phones continue to work which is great.  Slowly but surely people are 'porting' across to new carriers.  There are 120,000 people suddenly needing to find a new carrier! We could expect another week or so of service on our phones before they are cut off but I may complete the move prior to heading down to Melbourne.  Mine is due to 'run out' on September 10th.

That is all the news at this stage.

No comments: