Sunday, August 04, 2013

At Least The Cricket Is Going OK!

Both Trish and my footy teams had unexpected losses this weekend!  Therefore the performance by Australia in the Third Test in the UK provided us with something to smile about this weekend.  It was also pleasant when here the temperature was 25 degrees yesterday (Saturday) while we watched the rain pour down and the crowd huddle together for warmth at the MCG!

But then we had a very chilly 4.7 degrees here this morning.  The bright sunny skies and lack of cloud means we lose any heat overnight.  I am still waiting for the temperature to get up before embarking on a bike ride this morning!  We have been promised 22 degrees today but the reality is it will possibly be a little warmer.

Really busy at Computer Club yesterday but everyone seemed please with the help they got.

One of the guys at Computer Club makes his own alcohol and provided me with another 1100mls yesterday.  That will be turned into Sambucca when I can get a mix at the Home Brew Shop.

Speaking of which the latest brew is bubbling away in the garage.  I now have a bucket of water with some bleach in it where I soak my bottles for 30 minutes or so after I have consumed and rinsed them.  There is no way my brews should be at all "off" anymore.

Some don't taste as wonderful as others but all are better than what you buy for $35 a carton.  A dash of Stones Green Ginger wine can make any questionable brew into something which is outstanding!

No comments: