Thursday, August 08, 2013

Wednesday Was A "Community Association" Day

It almost felt as if I was back at work again.  I had two meetings to attend on Wednesday, one early in the day with the local Helicopter Training School "Chopperline" at Caloundra Aerodrome, and the second late afternoon with the Caloundra Aerodrome Community Forum at the Council Offices in Caloundra.

I like to keep everyone in the community up to date so after each meeting I have an entry to put on the website. This virtually doubles the time I need spend on each meeting.  But if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it.

The weather continues to be excellent.  A little cooler is the expectation for today as the wind increases in strength and swings around to the south-west.  We still expect around 24 degrees or so which will be even warmer in our backyard.  Next Monday and Tuesday we expect tops of around 27 degrees.

I gave the pool sides a good sweep yesterday.  There was a little build up of algae there.  This morning I also increased the pool filter time by 90 minutes to around 5.5 hours per day.  The extra filter times creates extra chlorine and this then keeps and possible algae build up under control.  Running the filter for extra time is no longer a financial concern to us.  With lovely sunny days the solar energy on the roof more than compensates for the extra electricity usage.  Also the pool is now connected on a 'cheaper' rate.

We are in the throes of swapping electricity suppliers.  The new supplier gives us a rebate each year as well as an extra 2c for any solar energy we generate which goes back into the grid.  This swap over should save us and extra $120 p.a.

According to DHL Tracking my new phone from China is being delivered to the Sunshine Coast.  It was cleared from Brisbane late yesterday.  Whether it comes direct to my home from Brisbane or goes to a DHL facility here on the Coast, I do not know.  I will be staying close by the house today and tomorrow. This isn't a problem as Friday will be a day for bottling my latest brew!

I am still waiting for the builder to confirm when he is going to build the cover in the backyard for us.  I want the timber first so I can paint it before it goes up.  He recently has been on a week's holiday to New Zealand but he is back now.  If I don't hear soon I will need to give him a call.

No comments: