Friday, August 16, 2013

On The Bike Again

With the shelter all but finished (just some paint touching up to do) I was out again on the bike this morning for my 12 or so K's around the estate.   This is my first ride for around a week. My back is a lot better but still a little sore.  When the paint job is finished and I have let my back settle down a little I will check out the chiro again.

As we head into September the need to keep an eye out for nesting magpies while I am on my bike gets greater.  There are a pair of magpies which have setup house in a tree at the end of our court.  He knows us though as he flies down to join us for a crust or something when we are eating lunch.

The new shelter doesn't bother him, he flew straight in underneath and sat on the back of a chair yesterday afternoon! He doesn't bother me when I am riding by.

After a big couple of days we decided to treat ourselves to Spirit Of Tibet for tea last night.  But this time we booked in first to ensure we got a seat.  The restaurant was busy for this area on a Thursday but I think he had spare tables about.

Last night we had Tibetan Beef Curry and a prawn dish (Prawns with Spinach) that included a rich creamy spicy sauce, egg plant and spinach.  Both dishes were excellent.  I mentioned to him that the special sauce he makes for me wasn't as hot as it used to be when he put horseradish in it.  Now he knows exactly the sauce I mean and he has promised to have it for our next visit.  It is around 25 minutes drive from here so not quite 'just around the corner'.

Though we have plenty of sunshine today we are just getting effected by the northern tip of the cold front currently going through Victoria and NSW.  There is a hint of briskness in the wind so it is a little cooler, around 23 degrees or so is expected today.

And another brew went on this morning.

I store my empty bottles in polystyrene spinach boxes I have secured from the local IGA.  Each box contains around 21 bottles.  So when I have a box full of empties (and a couple of extras) I know it is time to put a new brew on which takes around 5 to 7 days before it can be bottled.

With the weekend coming up and footy on the TV I should have my full complement of 30 empties or so for a bottling by early next week!

No comments: