Friday, August 23, 2013

Is 19.5, Feels Like 15.9

The blog post title is the sort of message my weather app on my phone keeps showing me.  It looks beautiful, blue skies and sunny but it feels a whole lot cooler.  We have noticed it cooler overnight now reaching for trackie dacks and top around 4 pm daily!  This morning it was 4.9 in our backyard.  At around 11:30 am right now it says 26.5 and the front and back doors are wide open.

Both our phones are still operating on full service despite our supplier losing his contract with the provider.  All is still going well and we are awaiting a second SMS message to tell us we have 7 days prior to the service being cut off.  I bought a couple of sim cards this morning ready for the ill fated "2nd SMS" message.

Once we receive the SMS message we will swap over to another company for a few months and see what to do when the dust settles.

The two sim cards were on special at "half price" so we could stick with them for a few months before finally deciding who to go with and then porting across when everything has settled down.  The 'half price' offer was available from JB HiFi and Harvey Norman stores. These cards have the same Australia wide coverage as we now have but are usually $40 per month.  Our other option "Aldi" is $35 per month but currently we can't get SIM cards for them.

I have been busy bike riding the last few mornings and getting my 12 or so k's in daily.  I missed my ride this morning as I needed the car and Trish was off on a Quilters "Bus Trip into an exhibition in Brisbane.  She will be home this evening, hopefully with fish and chips for tea.  I wanted the car to sort out the back up sim card issue we had.

The other reason I didn't bike ride this morning was I had a bottling to complete.  That is all now done and the container and pieces are drying in the sun in the backyard.

I have put a few long screws in the fence railing and use this as an area to dry my bottles after consuming and then rinsing, usually from the night before.

No drinks again this afternoon as both couples are unavailable, one being overseas still, the other just returning from a trip today.  That is another reason Trish opted for the bus trip. And I might even give the car a wash later on as well.

No comments: