Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Phone Procedures

We have been having fun with our mobile phone services.  I sometimes wish I had never taken the sim out of my old Galaxy phone!

Both Trish and I (and other people we know) have gone over to Kogan Mobile.  It was a great plan, inexpensive and almost the best coverage available.  My previous "Optus" service meant I had to run to the front of the house to get reception.  Kogan uses the Telstra network and we have great reception here anywhere in the house.

Just recently there was a price increase for Kogan because the intermediary service supplier was in a spot of bother.  Yesterday that service provider went belly up!  Trish and I are both on 12 month plans with them.  Right now 115,000 customers with Kogan are scrambling to get to another service provider.  We have been told we will have up to 60 days to do so.

We have also been told we will get a full pro-rata refund when we move to another (more expensive) provider, most likely Aldi Mobile.  At this stage we have still got full service but we are getting ready to swap as soon as things stop working (despite Telstra's promises).

A glorious day yesterday, around 26 degrees and lovely sunshine.  I bottle washed first thing even before my bike ride.

The large blue container has warm water and dish washer powder in it.  I use dish washer powder as it is lower sudsing and makes rinsing easier.  I can fill and give a good rinse to 9 bottles at a time in this container.

From there the bottles go into the largest container for a first good rinse, 6 at a time, then the smaller blue container for a final rinse, and then onto the bottle drying tree.

When all have been washed they are again rinsed quickly with a sanitizing solution, then returned to the drying tree and into the sunshine to dry.

Just prior to being used to bottle the latest brew, they are rinsed again in the large blue container!

Around 3:30 yesterday both Trish and I checked out the Chiro.  My back was as sore as...  It is heaps better today after a treatment.  I may need a further tune up early next week.

There is a brisk southerly today, the skies are clear but there is distinct slight chill in the air.  Though warm enough it isn't as pleasant as the last few days.  This wind is expected to hang around as we are expecting single figure temp mornings for the next few days.  I may be a little later getting on my bike tomorrow.

No comments: