Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday

Again a glorious day today (Sunday) with the thermometer in the backyard showing around 26 degrees.  The breeze is a little cool but out of the wind it is extremely pleasant.

Friday afternoon I decided  to do just a little 'touching up' of the sun shelter.  Before I knew it everything had been done and Trish and I both sat quietly outside and enjoyed some drinks on our own.  Everyone is 'away' at the moment so we enjoyed a quiet Friday Drinks time on our own

After a busy morning at Computer Club I had spotted a couple of very small spots I had missed when touching up the shelter so I finished those off.  Then it was in front of the TV and enjoy the footy.  Trish's team had a good win Friday night and my team also did well on Saturday night.  We are both pleased with footy things today.

Our friends over the road (the painter chap) and his wife returned from a family trip to England around lunchtime Saturday so I did spend some time updating movies etc over there this morning.

More footy on TV this afternoon and I will sit back quietly and enjoy a few "homies'.  All my beer is tasting great at the moment so it isn't a chore.

We have not had a drop of rain for over three weeks now so the water level in the pool has required some topping up.  After all the rain we have had it is strange to have such a dry spell.  But then August is our driest month of the year.

Even noticed the pool temp was up to 18 or so the other afternoon. The warmer weather and double figure overnight minimums means the ground around the pool is warming up allowing the water to get warmer as well.  After a 13k bike ride this morning the pool did look inviting when I arrived back home!

No comments: