Sunday, August 11, 2013

Heaps Of Stuff To Do

Thanks heavens the weather has been great, around 22 or 24 each day and hardly a cloud in the sky.  Great weather for painting but more on that shortly.

I called the builder just before he was going to call me.  He was dropping the timber off Friday morning allowing me a few days to get it painted and then arriving Tuesday morning to commence work.  The job should only take a couple of days.

I made a quick trip to Bunnings for paint and grabbed two litres.  This wasn't enough as I needed to make a second trip Friday afternoon.  There isn't much timber there I thought, it shouldn't take long.

With time required between coats and needing the paint to dry prior to turning it over to paint the other side I should finish it off sometime Monday morning!

I can't tell you about my back but the anti-inflammatory tablets have been working over time.  And drinks Friday afternoon provided a welcome respite!  John and Margaret are overseas and Ian's wife Kerrie has a 'bug'.  So for a while there were only three of us until long lost soul Tony (the Vietnam war vet who has found ....) gave a quick phone call and popped around for a few drinks.

It was almost like old times and good to see him again.

Friday morning was home brew bottling days as well.  But as the man with the steak knives says "And that's not all!"

My new phone arrived around 10 am Friday as well.  During a spell from painting I unpacked it and worked out a little on how to use it.  The Samsung S1 I had recently had a problem with the sim card.  A little wire connector had snapped off and a temporary fix with a drop of solder had it going again.  It hadn't skipped a beat!

I put the sim card into the new phone, and a message came up "No Sim Card".  I tried it every which way and again "No Sim Card".  Maybe I had a crook phone?  I put the Sim Card back in the old phone, "No Sim Card"!.  I took it out and put it back in several times and got the same message.  Eventually it did connect to the Optus/Virgin network so all looked OK!

Trish came home so I grabbed her sim card and out it into my phone and everything worked fine!

In our mail box that day my unactivated Kogan sim card had arrived.  I wanted to swap to Kogan in two months when my current plan ran out!  Around 6:30pm I went to do something on the Samsung phone but a message popped up that the phone was unable to access the service!

An hour later my Virgin phone number had been swapped to my new phone and Kogan Sim Card and all was working OK.  I will need to pay $40 penalty for leaving before the end of my contract but now I am on the better Telstra network with much better reception where we live.

Then I realised all my contacts were on the non-working Optus/Virgin sim card.  I do back them up onto my computer but several hours has since been spent adding 132 contacts and their numbers!

And to top it all off Computer Club was as busy as!

Both our footy teams won this weekend already, however my team blew a 10 goal lead to win by 4 goals.  We have had some troubling last quarter fade outs the last few weeks.

More footy this afternoon and then some cricket tonight!

The paint brush and roller await me so I must be off.

No comments: