Monday, March 01, 2010

Overcast and Steamy

Sporting results over the weekend made it a disaster for me. My footy team was beaten in a pre-season practice match, my State cricket team (Victoria) was well beaten in yesterday's final and Australia was defeated by New Zealand in an incredible T20 match.

The showers commenced about 9pm last night and we have had some heavy showers since then. The rainfall total is heading towards 25mls (an inch in the old scale) and the forecast is predicting the showers to change to 'heavy rain' overnight tonight. Right now at 9 am it is 24 degrees but the humidity is 95%. Fans do a marvellous job of cooling in this sort of weather..... fortunately!

Needless to say it was too wet to ride this morning. Yesterday I noticed a couple of signs of canvas showing through on my rear tyre so this morning I swapped over a good tyre from Trish's old bike on to my rear wheel. Now all is fine again. It is messy greasy work messing around with bikes, especially anything to do with the rear wheel. The patio area looked like a bike repair shop this morning.

This afternoon Tony and I are meeting with the local Councillor to discuss residents' issues effecting our estate. She was given our list of queries about 4 weeks ago so I guess she has had time to find out all the answers for us! The tonight at 7pm we have a Community Association Meeting to give reports on what each group has been up to and plan for the future.

Yesterday I did a bit more work on the Bellvista Community Association website bringing it all up to date. I usually take my camera each morning on my daily ride and look for a photo or two to update the website. It needs to be updated regularly to keep people coming back to it, especially the pages labelled News & Events and Photo Gallery. You can find the BeCA website HERE.

No comments: