Sunday, March 21, 2010

Overcast Sunday

It has been a busy Sunday so far. It was a little damp this morning so instead of riding for 15 k's I decided to bottle the brew which was ready. It takes about an hour to do from beginning to cleaning up. But I now have another 32 bottles of "Black" safely bottled away and finishing the brew process. It is ready to drink in 2 more weeks but I like to leave it for 4 weeks. This gives even more flavor and better head.

Another 3 mls in the rain gauge this morning from a few lazy showers on Saturday. Nothing too heavy and just enough to be annoying for everyone. Max temps are around 27 or 28 degrees. I usually pull the doona up during the night as it is a little cooler.

My computer is running beautifully, just by not connecting an external DVD burner! It is amazing really. I am getting a continual reminder to update one Microsoft update of 611kb. The computer downloads it and goes to install it but then I get the message, "Installation failed". Microsoft is trying to solve this minor problem.

I spent some time this morning cleaning under the back veranda area. I have given it a good clean as well as giving the BBQ a tidy up. It was very greasy and badly needed some attention. It all looks so much better now.

Neighbours across the road have their PC in for a reformat. I gave them a lend of our very old laptop so they could still access the internet. Bill brought it back to me today and said he had bought a laptop from one of the kid's friends for $50 so mine wasn't needed any more. It had Windows 2000 on it and couldn't access the internet. An hour and a half later it now has Windows Pro XP, Office 2003 and Nero. Not only that, it now gets on the internet without any worries. It didn't take me long did it?

Yesterday was again busy at the Computer Club. However I was home mid morning to watch all the cricket which is on TV. I am enjoying it very muc in between reformatting computers and doing some cleaning up!

No comments: