Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time To Bite The Bullet

This post is coming via the laptop. The main computer is currently being reformatted and not all that successfully I am afraid. I was sick of the computer 'losing' its connection to the monitor via DVI connection so I decided it was time to reformat. It would also close for no reason getting a "Black Screen" saying the computer was closing down to protect it from damage!

Despite the reformat, these problems exist so I reckon it is most likely a hardware problem.

I am trying a bit of 'trial and error' right now to see if I can get it to update with Vista Service Packs 1 and 2 without closing down on me.

The rain has stopped for today with another 11 mls in the rain gauge overnight.

Windows can take a bit of time to install so I managed to get a brew on this morning between visits to the PC. I use 'filtered water' as this picture shows.

The Service Pack 1 update seems to be going on OK at this stage. Keep your eye on the "for sale" ads in your newspaper, there may be a cheap PC going for sale soon!

I hope you enjoyed the joke below, I got a laugh out of it.

No comments: