Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Lull Between Footy Matches

It is late afternoon Saturday. Because we don't have daylight saving here where we live and most of the rest of the country does have it, there can be times when we have an 'extra' hour. Today is one of those times. The footy season is underway again and instead of the usual 2pm bounce down time, here it is 1pm. So I have some time to update the blog page before tonight's matches get underway.

Trish remains a little the worse for wear. Her right knee is rather sore and she has a slight cold, enough for you to know it is there. I went and did some shopping yesterday for some bits and pieces. I bought a cordless phone for the wall phone point. The wall phone is a corded phone and ties you down a bit at times. These things are so cheap nowadays so we grabbed one just for convenience's sake.

I am heavily involved with the Community Association newsletter, I write it and then have it printed off. We do 1250 A3 sheets so it is a big job. I distributed a heap of them to other committee members yesterday as they need to be folded. We are way ahead of schedule in their delivery so we have heaps of time to get it all organized. they need to be delivered the week after Easter.

I did a 15k bike ride yesterday morning. I don't ride Saturdays as I need to get to the Computer Club. The picture above left shows one of the paths I ride along. this path is right near our home.

The days have been high 20's but it was down to 18 overnight when the pool cools off a bit, but with nice sunny days I still get a swim in late afternoons. It does heat up to 27 degrees though today it felt a little cooler than 27 when I had a swim! This photo was snapped Friday afternoon.

No comments: