Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today's Summary

Late yesterday morning the main PC found its way to the Computer Shop. One of the young techs had a quick look and listened to my story. He immediately guessed it wasn't a software issue at all but most likely a problem with the graphics card. He would carry out a series of tests to confirm it was the problem and fix it. I should get it back after a couple of days, hopefully Thursday afternoon. Meanwhile Trish's laptop has been repositioned as you can see from this photo.

I received a comment a day or so ago from Lou Ann in Texas saying she wished there was someone who could help her with her computer, she had lost her home page to MSN! Most likely this occurred during an Internet Explorer update. I sent her an email explaining how to fix it and today I received a reply saying all was fine again with her yahoo Home page!

This morning was a bottle washing day. The photo shows bottles about to be washed while the other tub has bottles ready for a rinse. Today was again showery so getting the bottles dry was a problem till we had blue skies most of the afternoon and a lovely 28 degrees. I spent a fair bit of the time watching Victoria play Queensland in the domestic cricket 5 day final.

The people over the road had a problem with their PC but I was only able to partially fix it. They have just spent a bit on upgrading it and I was loathe to do any more to it. I think it should go back to the shop for them to look at it.

Keep your eye on the trips in the very foot of the right hand column of this blog to see dates for our travels and for when we have visitors. We have just booked to travel to Melbourne for three weeks late August and return early September.

No comments: