Monday, March 15, 2010

PC Back And Running!

I now reckon it takes me a day and a half to reformat my PC with Vista Home Premium and have my PC almost back to how it was prior to the reformat. This post is coming from the reformatted main PC! Next time it may be a little quicker to do as I have now copies of Vista service Packs 1 and 2 on DVD ready to install.

My problem with the PC not always finding the monitor continue despite reformatting the hard drive which leads me to think it is a hardware problem rather than a software problem. But I am back again on the air. The PC will go back to the Computer Shop Tuesday afternoon to check for hardware issues.

I can't tell you how important it is to have a good backup of all your stuff. I have several backup external hard disk drives and they make getting everything back to normal quite straight forward. There are two drives to the left of the phone and a third drive just in front of the right hand side of the monitor. I use the drives to backup any downloaded software (far left), my personal documents, photos, music etc to the middle drive and my Movies to the black drive on the right.

The weather continues to be overcast and showery with temps nowadays 28 at the most. Today I tipped 1 ml out of the gauge and I see there is another 5 ml in it now. This a shot (left) of one of those quick short showers which passed over in about 15 minutes today! The doona cover is back on the bed and in use overnight, last night it got down to about 18 degrees.

Meanwhile Trish is enjoying exceptional weather in Melbourne.

No comments: