Monday, May 31, 2010

Last Day Of Autumn

Winter officially arrives tomorrow but for all intents and purposes it has been here for a week or so now. Yesterday we got to about 22 here after a cool start. Today's start was cooler again with single digit readings recorded. It was about 9 here this morning. It is a lovely sunny day but there is a stiff breeze blowing from the south west. This wind has blown over land for over 1000kms so it is dry and crisp. With Trish due home in a couple of days it is time to tidy the place up, the clothes line has a bit of washing on it right now.

There was plenty of footy over the weekend on TV to keep me indoors.

Things are going ahead here on the estate right now. These 15 or so villa units are almost all completed and as the sign says they are all sold too. Another sign has appeared on the estate seeking enrolments for an Early Childhood Centre to be built. The picture below is of the backfilling being completed around the underground carpark for the new Bellvista shopping Village. Now the building begins with walls due to go up shortly.


I have decided to buy a new monitor now instead of waiting. Though starting OK, the PC still has a few yips from time to time. I am wondering if these recent yips are caused by a fault in the monitor which then leads to some PC system hassles from time to time. I have ordered an Acer 24" monitor. It comes with a Manufacturer's 3 year warranty and a $29 'cashback' offer. That will make its price under $210. I believe if I buy the monitor now and my PC problems continue I will have answered the PC Repair shop's claim the current monitor is cause of all my recent problems.

I am buying the monitor online from a PC shop in Brisbane. They have a small shop here on the Sunshine Coast so it is shipped up from Brisbane and it is able to be collected here. I ordered it yesterday (Sunday) so it should be available for collection later this afternoon from Maroochydore. I am heading up that way tomorrow so I will pick it up then.

No comments: