Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's Mothers' Day

A lovely sunny 25 degrees here this morning, the sun is shining and there is a coolish breeze.

We haven't got on all that well with one of the neighbours, I find him hard to get on with. They are moving out and going to an even smaller house elsewhere in our street. The main moving was done late in the week but they returned yesterday to do some final cleaning up and remove any of their fixtures. I had quite a surprise when I found he had removed the height extension piece he had put on the courtyard (beer garden) fence. I believe he was asked to build it by his real estate agent to satisfy one of my concerns. The brown fence supports which I put up can be seen on either side of our house's walls in the top picture.

Click on either picture to give you a bigger view. Then click on "Back" to return to this page.

This morning it looked like the picture above left. It solved a problem for us when I rebuilt the fence today. This time I put the palings on our side and it looks heaps better. We were planning to do this to our side of the fence anyway. His action forced me into doing it sooner rather than later.

Trish's footy team is disappointing right now, they were defeated again yesterday by one of the lower ranked sides. My team plays today and they are in for a tough battle against the current top placed side. It is being played at my team's home ground which gives them a huge advantage.

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mums out there. I am sure you will have a great day.

Do you like the joke below?

1 comment:

Texas Lou said...

The long dead American poet Robert Frost wrote a poem with a line in it that says "Good fences make good neighbors". In your experience with the neighbors, that would certainly be the case.