Saturday, May 29, 2010

Overnight 'Light Rain' Seems Heavy To Me!

Much of Friday was spent recovering from outside maintenance work around the house using the pressure spray on Thursday. I am booked in to see the Chiropractor Monday afternoon as my back is now playing up.

Firstly I gave the car a good wash, it is amazing how the road grime builds up on it. We don't wash it as often as we should so that makes the job even bigger even though I use the pressure hose. After that it was time to get rid of built up grime on the border stones which make up the front garden retaining wall. Then the letter box was cleaned, a side wall of the house and then the driveway. Finally I gave the windows at the front of the house a clean as well.

In this part of the world there is a build up of mildew type growth on things and it needs to be pressure hosed off. Unfortunately the driveway is now a shade or two lighter in color after the hose did its work.

I enjoyed a couple of hours at the usual Friday Afternoon meeting followed by the live footy on TV from Melbourne. Some 'light rain' was forecast for here but overnight I tipped 28mls (or a little over an inch) out of the rain gauge.

A young couple moved in to the house next door on Friday morning. I believe he is installs fences while she is an early childhood teacher. I also heard she was a regional manager for several early childhood centres. They have just moved to the Sunshine Coast from Perth in Western Australia. There was another older couple here with them yesterday helping to move some furniture in. The majority of their stuff is due to arrive on Monday. They have a 10 month old baby.

This morning is Computer Club and this afternoon I have heaps of footy to watch on TV.

I made myself Moroccan Curry Chicken for tea last night and it was pretty good! I have enough left over for another meal this evening.

My computer has been operating OK. Turning the monitor off when not in use is a good but temporary fix. I still get a couple of strange things happening every now and again so I think I may be forced to swap the monitor over sooner rather than later. There are some excellent deals online at the moment. I can get a 24" widescreen Acer monitor for $200 from one store. It would come with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.

No comments: