Saturday, May 22, 2010

That Was The Night That Was!

Yesterday's 'Meeting" was very enjoyable but I have learned to be a little conservative and not over indulge too much so I didn't want to drink too much. After a couple of nice ales (I have a lovely lager and a lovely black ale going right now) it was on my bike and back home to prepare my tea. I have enough curried sausages and rice to feed an army but it was a great meal. Another couple of beers helped to wash it all down too!

I received a phone call from my brother which was fantastic, he follows the team my footy team was playing live on Pay TV last night.

Then it was time to watch the game on TV. It was the top two teams playing in front of almost 90,000 screaming fans. Trish had been unable to finish a bottle of red wine before she flew south so I polished that off. The game was exciting so I had just one more refreshing ale. As the match progressed I had several whisky and cokes and finally a straight whisky!

My team won comfortably in the end kicking away to win by 36 points. I switched over but the Pay TV box had jammed. Usually you just unplug it and let it sit for 30 seconds then put the power back on. I couldn't get the darn thing to restart so I rang the Pay TV provider's automated service.

The box was reset automatically by them but still no luck. I rang them again and again the box was reset by them but still no picture. I needed to speak with someone rather than the automated service I was getting. They would be available the next morning after 7 am! I pulled the plug out and went to bed. I slept well as you can imagine but woke this morning with a dry throat and a headache!

I went to the lounge and plugged power to the Pay TV box back in and still there was only a red light on the front, not the usual green one. It wasn't working! So back to bed I went.

Later I went back to the Pay TV box and pressed the "on" button and everything worked! During my hazy efforts to reset the box the previous night I had inadvertently turned the box off!

But I did enjoy the footy.

I mixed another brew this morning but instead of using sugar I used a mixture of dextrose, malt and corn syrup. Should be interesting. I use filtered water to make the brew as the photo here shows

No comments: