Friday, May 21, 2010

Trish To Melbourne, Les To The Caloundra Computer Shop!

Trish flew south yesterday for a fortnight in Melbourne. Our youngest daughter is heading overseas for a month or so which meant Trish flew down there a little earlier this time. Had she have gone at the 'scheduled' time, Kim would have been overseas. Trish rang me last night to say she had arrived safely. There was plenty of grandchildren play and laughter in the background so Trish was well at home there!

The car has a huge hole in the dashboard where the CD player used to be. It is at a nearby car sound shop being repaired. I had it removed yesterday. From there I drove to a mate's place to get his Winrar up and running again and then on to another Computer Club member's home to help them set up their first wide screen LCD TV. They were just delighted.

I then grabbed her new laptop and brought it home to load it up with software.

When I eventually arrived back home yesterday the PC had starting up problems again. Eventually I managed to get it up and running but I was extremely frustrated with it. I discussed it with the guys at the local PC Repair shop this morning and I am taking it back in them on Monday morning. This photo shows a fully up and running PC but with no picture on the monitor.

Today I took the laptop back to the elderly lady only to learn she has become interested in being able to watch downloaded movies on the new TV. They live in town so it was just a quick hop and and jump to buy and setup a basic model minimal media player! It is now up and running and they are delighted with it all. It was fairly close from her unit to the PC Repair shop so I was able to kill two birds with one stone.

We were supposed to have rain overnight but there is only a few mls in the rain gauge. We are due for some more showers next week.

I have curried sausages simmering on the stove right now prior to heading out for the 'usual' 3pm Friday Afternoon Meeting! I am looking forward to it. Also there is heaps of footy on TV with a huge sold out game with my team playing live here on TV tonight.

No comments: