Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Back To the PC Shop AGAIN!

Tuesday was a glorious sunny day here, a great day for me to get the towels etc washed as Trish is due home Thursday lunchtime. Wednesday we were expecting a couple of showers anyway!

Tuesday afternoon I set off to collect the 'new' monitor and then to catch up with friends for tea. The new monitor was collected and the evening meal at the Curry Bowl was exceptional and not expensive. I really enjoyed the night.

Upon returning home I set the new monitor up and everything went beautifully and I believed my PC worries were now over! It is a great large screen too being 24". Things fit everywhere just beautifully.

Wednesday morning I was up early and sorted out the new monitor registration and cashback. I checked out the warranty details on the old one believing it to be just two years. As it turns out, it is actually a three year warranty and I still have a couple of months before it runs out. I 'kept' the new monitor packing just in case it was required to send the old one off for a warranty repair.

Wednesday morning I drove to Buderim and attended the Computer Club Meeting there before returning to Caloundra and the PC shop to get an updated Tax Invoice in case it was required for the warranty. I eventually arrived home about 12:30 and switched the PC on ....... and you guessed it, the new monitor did not start up with the computer!

I packed it up and took it back to the PC repair shop (Techbench). They had never been able to replicate the fault at the shop and just took my word for what was happening. It was setup on the bench and started up, new monitor and all. It went beautifully! Then it was restarted and BINGO, the new monitor failed to start! At last the fault had been replicated at the repair shop.

"Leave it to me," I was told, "I will pull the thing apart and check each and every single piece! I will find out what is wrong with it!"

So here I am tapping away on the laptop!

No comments: