Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On The Road Again!

Both our footy teams won on the weekend so we are both quite happy. Sunday was overcast and very cool with the temp only getting to about 20 degrees. The day was spent inside rugged up watching sport on TV. Needless to say the big news here on The Sunshine Coast is the successful return to Sydney by Jessica Watson from her Round The World record attempt. Jessica is a Sunshine Coast school girl so the local press and TV stations have been full of this story.

My computer is back playing its tricks again with the old problem of the monitor not starting up when the computer fires up. I have always reckoned it was the graphics card whereas the Computer Shop said it was a hardware conflict with something I had attached by USB. When I took the computer to the Computer Shop for repair I had to take it all apart then take the monitor, the PC tower and the cables with me. I would take it apart the night before then take it down to the shop the next morning where it always worked perfectly.

Last night I took the computer all apart at about 8:30 pm. This morning at 6:30 am I put the bare bones back together, just the PC tower, the monitor and the keyboard/mouse. I have since restarted it three times and each time it has fired up perfectly. I reckon it is removing the power to both the monitor and the PC tower causes everything to 'reset' and I guess this has something to do with the graphics card 'resetting' as well.

Yesterday we went to Maroochydore for Trish to have another test on her eye. It was a half hour trip each way for a 10 minute test!

I got my bike back after its service yesterday. It is great being able to change gears again properly and the rear brake has been replaced. I even gave it a wash this morning and it is in the backyard drying in the sun. It is glorious outside today, about 24 degrees and bright and sunny.

The promised rain yesterday failed to eventuate. We did get a light sprinkle just on dark but it wasn't even enough to register in the rain gauge.

Trish is at the Tourist Information Centre doing volunteer work while I am at home messing around on the PC. I will be restarting the PC throughout the day to see how my 'problem' with the monitor gets on.

No comments: