Monday, September 29, 2014

Trish Is Delighted!

So the 2014 AFL Grand Final has come and gone.  Trish is delighted as her team had a very easy win in the end.  It was record loss by the Sydney Team and they gave in without a whelp!  And it probably wasn't the most exciting TV either.  Probably this was because the Swans played so badly and also that my team wasn't playing!

So no sport on TV all day on Sunday.  This was a first for almost 6 months and is to be repeated next weekend I see as the Domestic One Day cricket early matches won't be covered on any TV.

I continue to bike ride each day (or most days anyway).  With the new estate beside us expanding so rapidly I now have heaps of close by safe riding courses to try out.  More importantly, the magpie swooping season seems to have finished already which is great for older guys who ride their bikes for exercise!  I didn't even worry about long cable ties attached to my helmet this year to ward any swooping bird away from my head!

The photo above left was taken on my ride this morning and shows one of the pathways which is available for me to use. Click on the photo for a larger view. The photo also shows just what a delightful day we have today!

The pool was around 22º this morning so it seems having a swim after my ride is back again for the new season.  With the pool back in use it is also time to have the water 'tested' and have chemical levels brought back ready for extended use.

Back in Melbourne with my manually chlorinated pool, the first trip of the new swimming season to the pool shop would most likely finish up with a bill heading towards $200!  But with today's modern chlorinating techniques my bill today was for less than $50.

$20 of that was for salt for the pool so the chlorinator can make chlorine.

The chemicals and salt have now all been added to the pool and the pump is working away dissolving and spreading the added chemicals around and throughout the pool.  I need to run the filter and pump for around 6 hours.

Last night we watched a three movie length series called "Carlos".  It tells the story of Carlos The Jackal who was a terrorist back in the 70's.  It is a French made series so there are some sections of each movie which has sub-titles.

This three movie length series played recently on the ABC here and that is where I got the three films from.  We have the third and final movie to watch tonight.

No comments: