Wednesday, October 01, 2014

A Lovely Warm Day

The thermometre in the backyard says 30º but it is probably closer to 28º or so.  We have a blustery northerly blowing and expect a cooler and possibly stormy change later today.  The pool is rushing towards 24º so is becoming reasonable for swimming!

But the wind means that lots of junk gets blown into the pool.

Much of today was spent at a meeting in Maroochydore for the Community Association.  It was a long meeting and if you are keen you can read the goings on HERE.

I reckoned it was time for a bottling.  The bubbling had stopped in my latest brew so I thought I would bottle this morning prior to heading off to the meeting.  I drew some of the brew down and measured the alcoholic content using my hydrometer. It seemed a tad low but I reckoned it was close enough for me to bottle.

I now give my bottles a rinse prior to bottling to get rid of any final taste of sanitizer.  I washed all the bottles and glanced over at the brew.  It was bubbling away again.  Drawing some down had been enough to agitate it again and continue to brew!

Obviously it wasn't ready to bottle just yet!  The bottles have since been dried and put away.  I may bottle tomorrow but most likely I will wait until Friday now, just to make sure.

I do have a lot of 'crap' loading when I start my computer up.  Some of these programs are old now and don't work so well with new editions of Windows and updates.  A couple of times the new PC has stalled during startup and I reckon there is a small conflict with one or two of my startup programs.

I have a program which gives me a calendar on my desktop, another which gives me the current temperature, another which pre checks my emails and gives me a list of what emails are there.  I can then go through the list and delete the emails I don't want!

I have another program which is an RSS Feeder and checks all the latest movies and TV shows for download.  Then there is Skype as well and a program which tells me how much of my monthly internet download I still have to go.

Not all of these programs are 'critical' to the operation of my PC and each one takes a little time to load and makes my startup a little slower!

I also have a program called "True Launch Bar" which has all my most used programs readily available and easy to access.  True Launch Bar allows me to have a link to a 'bulk start up button'.

I push on the bottom button and Feedreader, Skype and Mailwasher all start up.  I have three other programs start up from the button above it.  Now I can still access all my programs but have my PC start properly and quickly!

No comments: