Saturday, September 20, 2014

Recovery Mode

It is before 7 am on Saturday and I am enjoying my normal browse across the internet.  I usually 'hit' the internet early on Saturdays, there is always something to do or catch up on and Computer Club from 8:30 onwards usually grabs most of my time.

Arj has added another post to his blog from Saudi Arabia and you can get to it HERE.  It is great reading as usual!   The photos are quite spectacular and help to provide an insight into another different community, different series of values and a different lifestyle in another part of our world!

I collected the new PC yesterday afternoon and it currently sits untouched on the floor of the Computer Room.  We had friends around yesterday afternoon for drinks and it lived up to the usual enjoyable time.  As usual, probably a little too enjoyable.

I will wait till after Computer Club this morning before I begin to set it all up.  I don't think doing it right now is a good idea, I think I need to wake up a bit more and possibly recover from last night's festivities.

I have quite a few portable hard drives.  Some had previously provided a hint of having a problem and as I depend on them so much for my backups, any hint of a problem I replace it.

I have a 1TB drive that probably was OK but it was replaced.  I now use it to store some of my oldest movie files.  As I have recently formatted not only my own PC but Trish's Dell Laptop (which I am using now), I used this hard drive to store all of the programs I needed for a Windows 7 re install.  So I have most of the stuff I need all right 'there'.

This should make the job even more straight forward!

No comments: