Friday, September 19, 2014

Woo Hoo It's due at 2!

When I dropped the old PC off yesterday (Thursday) with the about to die Hard Disk, I was told the new PC would most likely be ready for me to collect around Tuesday of next week.  The parts needed to be ordered and then delivered.  With the weekend looming it seemed delivery of the parts would most likely occur late on Friday or early on Monday.  Then we needed to allow up to a full day to build the new PC just in case anything went wrong.

Ordinarily it takes less than 1 hour to put all the parts together to 'build' a new PC.

So I was delighted when Peter rang around 11:00 am today Friday to ask could I pop around later today and the 'new' PC would be available to collect.  The parts had been delivered 'overnight' and he had quickly put it all together this morning!

The former high quality video card in the old PC and the recently replaced Power Pack were both able to be used in the new build.  All that needs to happen now is the 4xUSB card could also be installed giving me oodles of USB connections.  But I can live without that if there is a problem on that front. He was concerned to connect the bank of 4 would mean he may need to disconnect the two USB ports at the front of the case!

Peter, the tech guy is also the President of the Computer Club and I think they do appreciate the work I do for them on Saturdays so I may have received a little 'preferential' treatment.

And with the footy not beginning tomorrow till well after 4 pm I should have the new PC online and operating.

It will be around late Sunday afternoon before the new PC it is back to anything like the former PC was with all the programs and setups!.

"Drinks" are on this afternoon.  It is around 26ยบ or so in the backyard right now and hopefully the couple of promised showers of rain later today will hold off till well after dark.  Then we have one Preliminary Final tonight on TV between North Melbourne and Sydney.  Trish's team Hawthorn plays Port Adelaide late tomorrow afternoon and that game is on TV as well!

No comments: