Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Jury Duty

Throughout my working life I have received several requests from the legal services to be available for "Jury Duty".  When teaching it was always too easy to find an excuse as to why I wouldn't be available.  Then when I retired I was again requested to be available for Jury duty but on both occasions we were travelling, either overseas or interstate.

A week or two ago I was again requested to make myself available for Jury Duty! This time I have done so.  So I need to be available for anytime during the next two weeks, this week and next week.  I have been given the number A59.

Each day I go online to the Maroochydore Courts website to see if I am required.  A1 up to A43 were required on Tuesday and the ones who were empaneled are back there again today.  Trish and I are hoping to head out for lunch tomorrow but we won't know for certain if we can go until I see if I am required tomorrow when I again go online after 5pm tonight.

Even if I am called I may not be selected to go onto a jury.  I have been told to say I am a retired school principal and often that is enough to scare the solicitors for the accused.  They may 'challenge' you and you are then free to go.

It is breezy up this way today with a strong N/W wind blowing warm air over us.  It should get to high 20's here today before dropping back a little tomorrow and more over the next few days.

We took a trip to some local shops yesterday and I bought myself some long casual trousers, some board shorts and a neat looking singlet!  It was very successful!

Trish's phone continues to work flawlessly.  At a $100 it is a real winner, lovely and clear and all with a quad-core processor.  It does her emails, her games, her Facebook and the other bits she wants perfectly and quite quickly!

Arj has again updated his blog from Saudi (HERE) and there are more photos (HERE).

I put another brew on this morning so my next task is to have enough empty bottles for the bottling!  With around 8 more 'empties' required, I don't think this is a problem!

No comments: