Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Big Day!

Today is Saturday Sept 27th and the AFL Grand Final is around 2 hours away.  As the photo shows, the headphones are connected to the "Tunein" website and I am listening to the Sports Radio Station "SEN" in Melbourne via the internet.

The hot dog rolls are ready to be filled and the meat pies are defrosting ready for Half-Time!  It is a footy day here at Caloundra West.

I am a little under the weather following a very pleasant and lengthy drinks session late yesterday afternoon.  We got home after 9pm last night and the session started around 3 pm.  It was lots of fun!

Yesterday was a get the chores done sort of day.

I repainted the screen wall to hid a multitude of stuff stored behind the shed.  I removed the former non-working solar shed light under the pergola.  I fitted fixings for the new light in the pergola.  I repainted where the solar light had been.  The pool was vacuumed and the front lawn mowed!

No wonder I was thirsty when we got out yesterday afternoon!

Today the sun is shining and we expect the mid 20's as a top temperature.  The sunny sky now hides the promised showers and possible storms later on.  It is a little on the sticky side, another sign there is some rain about!

We are almost ready for the big game!

The domestic one day cricket series gets underway next weekend and will be live on TV!

No comments: