Monday, September 15, 2014

Same Old, Same Old!

Roll on the 2014/15 Cricket Season!  My footy season is over after a lacklustre performance by my side on Friday night.  They would not have gone any further I suspect as the teams still above them are much stronger.  Though close losers in the end, they only played with the desperation required in the final 20 minutes or so.  They need to play with that level of desperation for much much longer!

Trish's team is still in the mix.  Hawthorn play Port Adelaide on Saturday afternoon and that could well be a great game!

So with only two footy matches this weekend we have spent some time watching the Davis Cup tennis on TV.  That filled in the days OK!

I said in the last post that I had reset all the pool chlorinator times on the automatic timer.  I can run it for 3 sessions per day for various periods.  I try to get at least 6 hours in total to ensure that the chlorinator creates enough chlorine to keep the pool sanitized.  However the first time slot which is meant to start at 6:30 am no longer comes on automatically.  I can switch it on manually and from then on it turns itself off OK, restarts at 8:30 am, turns off at midday and finally goes on again at 1:30 and 'off' at 4pm.

It is easy to make a slip up when doing the setting up, and needless to say I did.  I fixed the setting but it still won't start.  The guy at the pool shop said I should do a full "reset" again and see if that fixes the problem.

If not I will revert to just two sessions and leave it at that!

That probably means there is a problem with one of the circuit boards which is another $150 to replace.  We won't fix it, but look to buying a new and more powerful chlorinator setup in 12 months.  As long as I can get my 6 or so hours in each day automatically, that will be all I need it to do.

And it still isn't warm enough to have a quick dip in after my bike ride most days.  We have around 24 or 25 here today and lovely and sunny!

We have Victoria and Tasmania cricket teams here playing a one full week pre-season warm up series of matches.  They play tomorrow and Wednesday and again on Friday at Maroochydore.  Depending on what happens with "Jury Duty" I am hopeful of getting along to a couple of days.

This again shows the value of having the second car here!

A copy of Trish's Birth Certificate and our wedding Certificate arrived today.  In a few more days we will be off to get our passports done ready for the big trip to Saudi Arabia in 6 months time!

No comments: