Sunday, April 03, 2011

A Quiet Sunday Afternoon

I had been warned about a 'new' member at the Computer Club and was told to beware of her.  I think I found her yesterday.  She has little previous computer experience but wants to learn everything about the computer and all of it in one day!

She half gets onto something but then suddenly wants to do something else.

It has been my experience one or two things on the computer in a day is good progress.  It made for an especially big day for me yesterday.  Previous Saturdays had been quiet, yesterday made up for it all.

The footy match on TV right now has a 10 goal difference just after half-time.  I am listening to the 'other' game via the internet radio as we don't get any TV coverage this week courtesy of Channel 7!  We get 7 of the 8 games live on TV so I can't complain!

We have new neighbours! The house to the left as you face our home has been empty for over 3 months.  A team of friends turned up yesterday to help a young couple move in.  She is 'very' pregnant (about 4 weeks to go).  He has ear rings, tattoos, and a motor bike!

I had a chat with him yesterday and he seems a delightful guy!  Friendly, quiet spoken, well mannered and said "You won't get any noise out of us!".  I was impressed.  And on top of everything he is the first tenant in there for 3 years who owns a lawn mower!  A great sign I believe.  He is a refrigeration mechanic but previously was a electrician.

Trish continues to fine tune her website.  I have updated the Caloundra Arts Centre Association weblink (on the right hand side of this site under Les' Links) so feel free to click on it for a look.

A shower or two overnight but a lovely sunny morning.  The weather was OK for a ride and I did about 13 kilometres.  I was hot enough after the ride for a quick swim.  The pool is a little under 25 degrees so not too cold just yet despite the weather cooling off, especially overnight!

This afternoon though is a little chilly, low 20's with a shower scudding through every now and again.

No comments: