Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lovely Sunny Days But More Rain On The Way

We have had some glorious weather the last day or so with temps getting to above the mid 20's and nights in the high teens. The pool gets to around 25 or so after the sun has been on it for much of the day. However some wet weather has been promised for us over the weekend. We did get a very brief shower of rain this morning, enough to make the roads and pathways wet and to deter me from my daily bike ride.

Trish had 'meetings' for the Tourist Information Centre and Arts Association all Monday.

We have found a restaurant in town here which Malaysian written on the sign. I couldn't see any Malaysian dishes on their menu but we thought we might give it a try last night. We then read on the sign stuck in their window that they were closed for the Tuesday night, the one night we wanted to go. We headed over the street to a small Indian restaurant and ate their instead. The food was OK, the environment spartan and not a cheap meal by any account.

It was nice to try something different for a change.

Trish is at Stitchers today, has Tourist Information Centre on Thursday morning, Trivia Thursday night and finally Quilters on Friday! I got most of the Community Association Newsletter done this morning and I hope to get a bike ride (and follow up swim) in this afternoon. I squeezed a mow of the lawn in yesterday afternoon.

I have a Computer Club presentation to do on Saturday. The topic is "Internet and Listening to the Radio". I listen to radio from Melbourne during the footy season all via the internet. So I will do something on this on Saturday Morning.

You can actually buy a radio which connects to the internet via your wireless modem/router. This enables you to listen to any radio station which is online. There are well over 15,000 stations available! You can buy a reasonable quality Internet Radio for around $200.

I always like to start my presentations with a joke to get people interested. The joke for this Saturday is in the post below!

No comments: