Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Haven't Been Bike riding For a Week!

Consistent showery weather has meant it is now almost a week since I last rode the bike. The 1 ml of rain which fell early yesterday was just before my ride and made roads and pathways wet. The weather remained threatening for much of the morning.

15mls during Wednesday and overnight meant no riding again this morning.

After a investigating the old PC on Tuesday evening Scott believed the problem was most likely the computer ram. He removed two original sticks of 1GB ram and left the PC running the one new 2GB stick. It ran beautifully for him. I spent much of yesterday reformatting and setting up the PC again.

This morning I restarted the old PC a couple of times and all was perfect until .... it just wouldn't start! The photo left shows where it 'hangs'. I am beginning to believe the problem therefore may be on the mother board. But I am no expert! However you leave it sit for an hour, then come back and turn it on again, it starts up and runs perfectly!

The new PC runs perfectly!

We watched the footy on TV on Tuesday afternoon and my side eventually got up and won the match. Wednesday morning Trish went to Stitchers and today she is at the Tourist Info Centre again. I am at home turning the old PC on and off to see how it starts.

Already we are 100mls over the regular April rainfall average. Right now we are 600mls above average rainfall for this time of year, 1350mls and should be about 750mls!

No comments: