Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New PC Up And Running

I received a second email yesterday morning to say the parts for my new PC were ready to be collected (and paid for) from the store in Maroochydore. After Trish arrived back home from her meeting we headed to Maroochydore with credit card in hand to pick up the packages.

The weather was very ordinary, grey, overcast wet and windy. (I tipped 32mls from the rain gauge this morning.) We did a couple of other errands and picked up the PC parts. As I had promised, I contacted 'Scott' and said don't rush around, wait a couple of days and we will build it in due course. I think he was a keen to get it up and running as I was. He arrived at 7:10 pm last night and was on his way home by 9 pm. The PC had been put together and within another 20 minutes or so Windows 7 Ultimate had been installed. It is a powerful machine.

Needless to say I was up early this morning (well before light) updating software. All has gone fairly smoothly. It is a 64 bit machine and doesn't have the same version of software as many other programs have. It has taken a little messing around to install a couple of things but Windows 7 is great at going online itself and finding the correct drivers etc it needs.

There will be a few programs I will have overlooked but I know where I can update them OK.

The biggest problem right now is updating the licence on my anti-virus. The company which owns the program is making things tough!

More rain is expected throughout today with a max temp around 22 degrees! There isn't too much sunshine on the Sunshine Coast right now!

No comments: