Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Things Keep Rolling Along!

There isn't much news to pass on right now.

Scott (the PC repair guy) hasn't been back in contact with me as promised. He has been great so far so I can't complain.

Monday was a holiday here for Labor Day. The weather has been mostly fine except for a line of storms which passed through last evening and left us with 11mls in the rain gauge. It is sunny again today.

I bought a new wall phone filter/splitter yesterday. They were marked down from $43 to $20 and I grabbed the last one they had. Internet has been rock solid since installing it. Trish has visited Bunnings and put some of the ideas she saw on "Better Homes" into practice. We received some giveaway plants from a neighbour and they have been added to the garden.

Trish is at Stitchers this morning. The car goes in to have the sticking brake lights attended to this afternoon.

My bike gets its 'free' service tomorrow. The gears and brakes require a little adjusting. I have been riding each morning since the weather improved.

I have an appointment for my Hearing Aid guy tomorrow and from there we are heading to Cooroy so Trish can 'suss' out the town in preparation for a trip she has planned for the Arts & Crafts Association.

Trish and I went to an Indian Restaurant in town for a night out last night. We got talking to the owner on the way out. As it turns out he is a Bellvista Resident as well. We were given a 20% off card for all future meals we have there. Shame the Chicken Tikka was pretty ordinary. The beef curry was OK though.

The other night we watched the movie "The Lincoln Lawyer" which is based on a Michael Connelly book. There were lots of twists and turns and overall a pretty good movie.

On Monday I was up at a place called Palmwoods helping a guy out with his computer. It went pretty well and he was most appreciative of the help. Yesterday I went to another home to check a 'slow running' PC. What it really needs is to be put away and a new one bought. I installed Malwarebytes on it as a last thing and set it to "scan". Usually when I run the program on my PC I get 2 or 3 suspicious objects. After 14 minutes (out of about an hour) scanning it had recognized 114 objects which it believed should be quarantined.

I hope you enjoyed some of the bumper stickers for seniors in the post below this one!

No comments: