Friday, May 06, 2011

Cooroy

Cooroy is a pretty Sunshine Coast hinterland town just to the north of Noosa. Trish is planning a bus trip for 45 members of her Stitchers Group to Pomona and Cooroy in mid August. Pomona is the site of the only movie theatre in the world which only shows "Silent Movies".

The group will check out the movies in Pomona and then travel 10 ks or so to Cooroy where they will have lunch and some time to walk around and visit a materials supply store and another Scrapbooking store.

We spent time confirming all would be OK with the stores and checking out the Cooroy RSL for the groups' lunch. We ate there as well.

Rather than making this just a single purpose trip we dropped my new bike at Maroochydore for its after sale 'service', then to Nambour for me to see the hearing aid guy, then to Cooroy and finally back to Maroochydore to collect the bike and have a quick look around the Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre.

The bike is now serviced with gears and brakes all being 'adjusted'. I am to get a second hearing aid for my 'good' right ear. Now I am over 65 I am entitled to extra benefits so my new $2500 hearing aid will see me out of pocket to the tune of $400. I also get my current hearing aid fully serviced and maintained for $40 p.a.

Cooroy is a very pretty town and the lunch at the RSL is not cheap but was a good meal.

It is another lovely day here today with temps to get to the mid 20's later on. I had a 13.5k bike ride this morning and then spent some time on the phone walking friends Russell and Irene through some setup stuff with their new broadband connection.

Their Dell Laptop had never really been attached to the internet (they only had a dial-up connection). I remember I had disabled "Automatic Updates" on it when we down there so at least they could access the internet via dial-up without the laptop wanting to download 150MB of updates. After changing the update settings the laptop proceeded to download 500MB of updates!

Now they are back online again I have to make sure my blog page is online before midday as that is when Russ checks his emails and reads this blog page!

Sorry about blowing all your monthly download allocation mate!

No comments: