Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Old PC Returned

It appears the problem with the old PC was that the Bios Battery was dead. These batteries cost about $2. I have the PC back now but I have loaned my second 'screen' to Paul so he can setup his new PC. I will give the old PC a good workout when it can be all set up again.

I got a new hearing aid on Monday, I now have an aid for each ear. The 'new' one is designed to raise the sound level of higher pitched sounds. That will help me to hear more clearly.

The left old hearing aid was refurbished. It is purely a raise the sound level type. It is great to be able and sit and watch the TV without the need for headphones to hear every word. I never new the PC keyboard was so noisy either!

Trish broke a tooth last Friday. It is her front tooth as well. She got to the dentist around lunchtime on Monday and it can all be saved but she needs a new 'crown' on it. She has a 'temp' tooth at the moment while she awaits the crown to be ready for fitting.

Today Wednesday she is co-ordinating a bus trip for 46 ladies from her "Stitchers" group. She headed off this morning with folder in hand ready to co-ordinate everything.

I have the makings of a cold right now. I am a little clogged up and heady. I am beginning to get sniffly as well. Hopefully it will only last a day or so and I will be on the mend prior to visitors arriving from Newcastle on Sunday afternoon for 4 nights.

My replacement Media Player turned up on Tuesday ... and it wouldn't work! The HDMI connection doesn't work on it. WD are shipping me a replacement ASAP and FedEx will collect the DOA model I received and send it back to Singapore paid for by Western Digital.

No comments: