Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Head Cold

Trish arrived home from her bus trip yesterday afternoon about 5:15 pm. We were having visitors (Paul & Linda the couple returning to Sth Africa) over for a meal so I had put the curry lamb on about 4:30pm. Trish had a busy day co-ordinating the bus trip but it all seemed to go very well. She had bought lollies and bottled water for the bus travellers and this turned out to be just about as big a hit as the art craft places they had visited!

My head cold worsened as the day progressed. A few beers and glasses of wine last night with our guests didn't help either. I awoke during the night with a raging sore throat partly caused by the cold and partly as a result of snoring. I am now on "Cold Tablets". Just before lunch yesterday I managed to pick up enough to give our lawn a quick mow.

Trish's curries were very well received and everyone had a good night. Paul is picking up his new monitor this morning so I will get my 'reserve' monitor back. That will will allow me to give the old PC a try. Paul is going to continue to migrate stuff from his old PC over to the new one. When he is happy with it all we will reformat the old PC so he can take it away with them and pass it on to family over there.

It was a good night last night and enjoyed by all. Despite being 8:30 am as I type, Trish is still asleep!

Bike riding has been put on hold while I try to get over the cold prior to interstate visitors arriving late in the weekend. Nice enough sunny days with the occasional shower blowing in off the ocean on the prevailing south easterly winds. Days get to the low 20's and with the wind now coming in off the sea nights are more likely to be around 12 degrees.

No comments: