Saturday, May 28, 2011

No Computer Club Today

I am now on a different brand of anti-biotic and feeling somewhat better. However being a middle ear infection, I am still a little unsteady on my feet. I had suspected I would be close to 100% today but that certainly isn't the case. As well as some unsteadiness on my feet I also have some minor nausea. However both symptoms are much less than when on the other medication.

Therefore I am again giving the Computer Club a miss today.

I wasn't feeling well enough to get to drinks Friday afternoon and I hope to be OK for an outing Sunday afternoon. It will be a matter of wait and see.

My replacement WD TV Live media player arrived yesterday delivered by Fedex. I plugged it in and turned it on. This unit works perfectly. It is great to have the unit back and working. It is almost 6 weeks since I posted my original unit to Singapore when the screen became predominately pink when using an HDMI lead. The original replacement I was sent didn't work either (no picture at all via an HDMI lead) so it too went back. This replacement for the replacement now does what it is expected to do.

The WD TV Live unit allows me to play ALL my audio files as well as access movies from my computer (via wireless). It also allows me to listen to many Internet Radio stations through my sound system. All this for around $120.

A pretty cool day today, cold this morning 7 degrees but a warm sunny 22 degrees this afternoon. Showery weather is due for Sunday and Monday.

As well as using the new PC I also start up the 'old PC' and leave it on for a few hours each day. It hasn't skipped a beat with either a start up or shut down. It is running perfectly.

No comments: