Sunday, October 03, 2010

Magpies AFL Premiers

Our showery weather continues with showers predicted for most days of next week. I was about 4k's into my bike ride today when fine misty rain began to fall. I made a quick sprint for home.

Friday was 'the usual'. I bottled Friday morning giving me quite a good backup of supplies. I need to keep in front though as a couple of weeks 'off' leads to a shortfall in supply. We are invited to a nephew's wedding in late November and we have already booked to head south to attend. The invitation arrived late last week and we have been booking accommodation. The wedding and reception are being held on the Mornington Peninsula and it is quite a drive back to Berwick from there.

There is again plenty of sport on TV with live TV coverage of the Test Cricket from India between 2 pm and 9:30pm daily. And then the Commonwealth Games from New Delhi are on TV from midday Monday. Pay TV has 6 channels devoted to coverage so we won't miss a thing.

Friday afternoon we headed around to the 'usual' meeting and enjoyed it very much.

Saturday I was back to Computer Club to help people out. Then Saturday afternoon we watched the AFL Grand Final replay from the draw the previous week. This week Collingwood were too strong and it was a one sided affair with Collingwood winning by 9 goals. I spent most of my time enjoying the Test cricket from India again.

Daylight saving commenced today along most of the east coast of Australia ... except in Queensland. So we again have the need to 'convert times' when making phone calls or travel arrangements. This will go on for about 6 months until once again things come into alignment.

No comments: