Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Over 10" Of Rain

The rain has at last stopped. We totalled a little over 250mls or 10" in the old scale. The rain fell over 4 or 5 days so we are merely saturated rather than flooded! However rivers and streams in this part of the world are all flowing. Brisbane's water storages are currently running at well over 100%.

I have ridden the last couple of mornings both rides under blue skies. Needless to say the pool is full. With so much pool overflow the salt level drops so I needed to put another bag of salt in the pool.

It is back to under 22 degrees again so the swim I had this morning was a quick one! News of our rain has even reached Texas. I received an email from Lou Ann saying she had seen S.E. Queensland's floods on her local news!

Yesterday Trish and I ventured to "The Plaza" which is the largest shopping centre around here. I grabbed a micro fibre T Shirt and a pair of sandals while Trish bought some tops. We then enjoyed lunch at our nearby Thai Restaurant then back home for Commonwealth Games and Cricket on TV!

I bought more beer mix and put another brew on as well. It should be ready to bottle early next week. Actually my beer supplies are like the local dams and running at very near to 100% capacity!

No comments: