Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thursday's News

The weather continues to be sensational with 28 predicted for here today. There is a real bite in the sun. My daily bike rides continue with minimal intervention from swooping magpies. I think I have had three fairly minor brushes with them this season so all is good.

Monday night saw me at a Community Association Meeting which leads to a busy Tuesday updating the Association's website. It was on Tuesday the State Government announced it would take over the planning for Caloundra South because the SCRC was just too slow getting organised. This is big news for us so another 5 links were made on the BeCA website to articles in newspapers here about the takeover!

I get a swim in after each bike ride. As the weather warms so too does the pool. Monday was a brisk 21 or so in the pool but today was 24.3. One afternoon the pool temp was over 25 degrees. It should get to 26 today in the pool. I am planning to mow lawns later today so I will be in the pool after I finish. Storms are due this evening and cooler weather for next few days is expected too.

Had a lovely night out last night with friends at "The Curry Bowl". heaps to eat, good food and all for $35 per double. It is B.Y.O. too which also helps to keep costs down.

My car plug in cigarette lighter MP3 player which takes a thumb drive arrived Wednesday. Being only $11 from China means the quality is fairly basic. However it does work and will be fine for the car in Melbourne. Our local Aldi store had bike riding specials on so this morning I ducked in to 'town' for some bike riding gloves and clothing!

With the new brew on I was busy with some bottle washing yesterday. I am going to be using 1.25 litre Coca Cola bottles this time to build up my supplies with Christmas coming on.

Plenty of cricket on TV along with the Commonwealth Games in Delhi keep Trish and me busy most evenings.

No comments: