Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Warm & Humid Today

The storms we were promised Sunday night arrived around midnight dropping another 21mls of rain on us. The lawn grows as you look at it right now! I had a shortened ride on Monday following the overnight rain but still did over 10k's. I know it is still magpie swooping season as one has had at go at me a couple of times on consecutive days now. I might add a little detour to my daily ride tomorrow and that will keep both me and the magpie happy!

I 'built' some small side tables for when we were caravaning. I used an old fold-up fisherman's chair and attached a piece of timber across the top. They were very effective and being fold-up were easy to store. Weather and time have taken their toll so the side tables were in for a tidy up. It is amazing what you can do with a spray can of black paint and some leftover paint. This photo shows the initial coats drying overnight.

This morning the temp has been just over 30 in our little enclosed backyard all morning. The pool was just under 25 degrees after my ride. There were another 2mls in the rain gauge. This hotter weather and abundant recent rainfall was a sure mix for a humid day today. It is around 75% right now which is even high for this place.

As I put a brew on on Sunday, there was always going to be a day set aside for bottle washing. The job is now all done and one of the nearly finished side tables can be seen drying in the background of this photo.

Trish is at "Stitchers" this morning and has a hair appointment for this afternoon. There is a one day cricket match on TV today which will keep me quite happy!

I thought the joke below was quite a good one!

No comments: